Last updated on July 2014
We are OUTRUN CANCER Events PTY LTD.
- the OUTRUN CANCER Website at www.outruncancer.com (the OUTRUN CANCER Website); and
- the OUTRUN CANCER CORPORATE TREADMILL MARATHON (OCTM).
- how we may collect your personal information;
- how we will handle the personal information which we collect; and
- how and why we may use and disclose this information from time to time.
You should review this page regularly.
You should direct any questions or complaints to our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to respond to any complaint within a reasonable time (usually 30 days). If you are not satisfied with our response, you may take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Personal information which may be collected by us
We may collect the following personal information:
- Information relating to Your Account: In accordance with Our Agreement we require all Participants to register to our events. To register you must provide us with certain personal information and we will collect and hold this information. We require this to be able to identify you and for security purposes. If you choose not to provide the personal information we request, we will not be able to let you register.
- Your Content: You may post on or make available to the OUTRUN CANCER Website your content and information, including information about you and the actions you take, any photos, video, or text or other forms of content (Your Content). Your Content will be publicly available. You grant us a licence to Your Content under Our Agreement.
- Being a part of OUTRUN CANCER: If you are a Participant or Donor, we may collect and hold information in relation to your participation with OUTRUN CANCER This may include information such as who you sponsor or who sponsors you, donations made by you or related to you (if you are a Participant) and purchase orders placed by you. If you choose to use our opt-in services, we will ask you for the information needed to send the communication or have it sent to you and we may keep information about our communications with you.
- Using the OUTRUN CANCER Website: We collect and hold details of your access to and use of the OUTRUN CANCER Website. This includes your browser type and IP address. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature.
Information we will not collect
We do not collect any credit card or debit card information from you.
Access to and use of your personal information
Your personal information may be used by us to:
- verify your identity;
- if you are a Participant, enable you to register to the event;
- if you are a Participant, have a profile page on the OUTRUN CANCER Website;
- enable you to be a Participant or Donor;
- enable you to otherwise access and use the OUTRUN CANCER Website, including uploading and sharing Your Content;
- facilitate the sharing of Your Content;
- administer and manage OCTM and the OUTRUN CANCER Website;
- communicate with our Payment System;
- maintain, undertake research into and develop OCTM and the OUTRUN CANCER Website; and communicate with you, or permit other people to communicate with you, in accordance with Our Agreement; and
- provide you with information about future OUTRUN CANCER events and initiatives which may be of interest to you.
Other people’s information
If you provide to OUTRUN CANCER or post on or make available to the OUTRUN CANCER Website any personal information of another person, you must:
- have that person’s prior written consent to do so;
- ensure their consent allows us to use and disclose their personal information in the same way that we may use and disclose your personal information.
Disclosure of your personal information
In order to be able to manage OUTRUN CANCER and operate the OUTRUN CANCER Website, we may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- if you are a Participant, to open and use your Account;
- so you can access and use the OUTRUN CANCER Website, including uploading and sharing Your Content;
- so we can administer, manage and support OUTRUN CANCER and the OUTRUN CANCER Website for you (including your access to and use of the OUTRUN CANCER Website);
- so we can ensure your donations and purchase orders are properly accounted for with the Payment System provider;
- so we can fulfil your purchase orders;
- so we can undertake research into and develop OUTRUN CANCER and the OUTRUN CANCER Website to make it better.
- organisations which carry out IT services for us related to OUTRUN CANCER and the OUTRUN CANCER Website including our server hosting, monitoring and backup of the servers for the OUTRUN CANCER Website, support and maintenance for the OUTRUN CANCER Website;
- organisations which provide services to enable fulfilment of your purchase orders
- our partner charities to which your donations have been made
The types of organisations to which we disclose information for these purposes include:
Some of these third parties are located overseas. Europe is the main overseas country in which these recipients of your personal information are located.
If you consent to the disclosure of your personal information overseas, OUTRUN CANCER will not be responsible for ensuring overseas entities’ compliance with Australian privacy law (including the Australian Privacy Principles) in relation to that personal information
If you are a Participant we will display your name and image on your profile page of the OUTRUN CANCER Website. Your email address or other contact information will not be displayed in any form through the OUTRUN CANCER Website. If you are a Donor we will normally display your name on the profile page of the Participant to whom you have made a donation. When making a donation, you have the option of checking a box marked “Anonymous Donation”. If you check this box, your name will not be disclosed to the Participant nor will your name be displayed on the OUTRUN CANCER Website.
We may also disclose information to third parties you have indicated you want to share your information with for a particular purpose, including through opting in to a particular form of communication (by checking a box or by other means that allows OUTRUN CANCER to pass your information onto third parties). This may include beneficiaries, third parties that provide goods or services, or our sponsors or supporters who may wish to contact you from time to time. They may also include marketing, market participation and research companies.
Where consent has not been provided we may provide information which has been de-identified (so that it is no longer personal information and does not identify you) to:
- organisations which carry out marketing, market and participation research for us for the purpose of carrying out such research and providing us with advice;
- organisations which provide us with support, sponsorship or are beneficiaries.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any third parties who we disclose your personal information to are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
- as required or authorised by law, including to government and regulatory authorities and other organisations; and
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers.
Changes to personal information
Management of personal information in your Account and Your Content is governed by you. You are responsible for changing these as required by you from time to time.
We require your assistance to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose and which you use and disclose to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We ask that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information which we have collected;
- and keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information which we have collected such as your name or e-mail address.
You have a right to seek access to the personal information we hold about you. In order to do this, please email us at email@example.com .
If you have any queries about our privacy practices or would like to make a complaint, then please contact us using the details above. We will endeavor to respond to all requests and complaints within 30 days. If we do not resolve a complaint to your satisfaction, then we would be happy to provide you with details of the regulator to which you can direct your complaint.