OUTRUN CANCER Terms and Conditions contain legal information and notices. Questions? Email us.
Last updated on July 2014
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Hosts means the gyms, health clubs or companies hosting the OCTM.
OUTRUN CANCER CORPORATE TREADMILL MARATHON (OCTM) means the team relay marathon on treadmills as generally described in these Terms and Conditions.
OUTRUN CANCER means OUTRUNCANCER EVENTS PTY LTD ABN 77 164 952 194.
OUTRUN CANCER Director means Luca Turrini or as otherwise advised.
OUTRUN CANCER Assistants means all persons engaged (whether voluntarily or otherwise) or employed by Mr Luca Turrini or OUTRUN CANCER.
Partner Charities means all the charities and not for profits for which OUTRUN CANCER fundraise, currently:
Cancer Council NSW ABN 51 116 463 846.
The Gut Foundation ABN 14 084 315 380.
Sponsors means all sponsors of the OCTM.
- Information on how to enter the OCTM forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the OCTM by a Participant is deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Should a Participant not comply with any of these Terms and Conditions, they may be prohibited from participating in the current or any future OCTM.
- Participants must be over 18 years or have the consent of a parent or guardian in order to participate in the OCTM.
- To enter the OCTM (Entry) each person must:
Create a new team or join an existing team.
Pay a registration fee of $55 (including GST if applicable) per Participant (payable upon acceptance of Entry)
- Each team must consist of between 4 and 21 members (each a “Participant”).
- No refunds of the registration fee or Fundraising Amount will be given under any circumstances (including, without limitation: if at any point after a team or a Participant has entered the OCTM the team or a Participant is unable to participate for any reason; if after the commencement of OCTM, the team or a Participant is unable to continue the OCTM). Registration fees, all Fundraising Amounts are non-transferrable.
- Each Participant agrees that the Fundraising Amount for their team will be distributed by OUTRUN CANCER as follows:
Up to 5% will be used to cover fundraising costs (when other fundraising platforms such as EveryDayHero, GoFundraise are not used)
Up to 20% will be used to cover organising costs for the OCTM
The remainder to be donated to the Partner Charities. The percentage of the Fundraising Amount for each team which is donated to the Partner Charities varies by event and Partner Charity, full details can be requested to email@example.com
- Payment of registration fees and fundraising amounts are made according to and are subject to our Payment Terms.
- Prizes will be awarded to some teams and individuals at the end of each OCTM. The teams which receive prizes will be judged on a number of factors including the fundraising amount raised, their marathon time and the effort put in by a single individual or team. The award of prizes is in the absolute discretion of the judges and their decision is final.
- Participants must comply with all the OCTM rules.
- Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that participation in the OCTM may involve a real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including over exertion, dehydration, and accidents with other participants or simply by falling off the treadmill.
- Each Participant acknowledges that (to the extent permitted by law) he or she participates in the OCTM at his or her own risk and in consideration of, and as a condition of acceptance of, his or her entry into the OCTM each entrant agrees to release and indemnify (to the extent permitted by law) OUTRUN CANCER, the OUTRUN CANCER Director, the OUTRUN CANCER Assistants, the Hosts, the Sponsors, the Partner Charities and each of their agents, affiliates, employees, members and volunteers (“those indemnified”) from any and all liability relating to an entrant’s:
physical or mental injury (including the aggravation, acceleration or reoccurrence of an injury),
unless that death or injury was caused by the reckless conduct or reckless disregard of those indemnified.
- Each Participant should seek medical advice to ensure they are fit to compete and that this advice is obtained regularly and with the specific demands of the OCTM in mind.
- Each Participant recognises the difficulties of the OCTM and attests that they are physically fit to compete safely in the OCTM and that they have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical practitioner.
- If a Participant becomes aware of any medical condition or impairment that will be detrimental to their health if they participate in the OCTM or are otherwise sick or injured prior to the OCTM, they must withdraw from the OCTM.
- Each Participant consents to receive medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the OCTM.
- Each Participant acknowledges that they are responsible for their personal possessions and athletic equipment during the OCTM and related activities.
- Participants must ensure that their ability to participate in the OCTM is not impaired by alcohol or drugs. Participants must not behave in a manner that is offensive or aggressive, that may diminish the reputation of the OCTM (or OUTRUN CANCER, the OUTRUN CANCER Director, the OUTRUN CANCER Assistants), is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate. If the OUTRUN CANCER or the OUTRUN CANCER Director or the OUTRUN CANCER Assistants considers a Participant breaches this clause, they may disqualify the Participant and direct the Participant to cease participation in the OCTM immediately and the Participant must comply.
- Each Participant consents to the publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of their name, personal information, image and statements in any context pertaining to the OCTM or otherwise during or after the OCTM whether for advertising, promotions or otherwise for no fee or remuneration unless otherwise advised by the Participant in writing.
- Each Participant must sign the separate Release and Indemnity by Participant (which reflects the acknowledgments, releases and indemnities set out in above paragraphs) before the start of the OCTM.
- OUTRUN CANCER reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions in their absolute discretion. OUTRUN CANCER will post any amended Terms and Conditions on its website and will endeavour to notify Participants of any modified Terms and Conditions as soon as is practicable. Participants shall be deemed to have accepted any modified Terms and Conditions by participating in the OCTM.
- If any act or omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of OUTRUN CANCER and which prevents OUTRUN CANCER from complying with these Terms and Conditions, OUTRUN CANCER will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing their obligations and OUTRUN CANCER reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to at any time cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the OCTM.
- The contract between each Participant and OUTRUN CANCER (including these Terms and Conditions), Release and Indemnity by Participant, are each governed by the law in force in New South Wales, Australia.
Participation to the OCTM
Acknowledgement, Release and Indemnity